Transcribing videos, especially those on Vimeo, can be useful for creating captions, subtitles, and personal notes. This blog will guide you through the process of transcribing a Vimeo video efficiently and accurately.
What is Vimeo?
Vimeo is a video-sharing platform with features like live-streaming and customization. The platform is ad-free and generates revenue by offering subscription plans to businesses and content creators, as well as software as a service (SaaS).
How Can You Use Vimeo?
- Upload video up to 500 MB of content per week (up to 5 GB total storage per account)
- Access basic embedding features
- See some analytics for your videos
- Download converted video files
- Access some privacy controls for your videos
- Upload up to 10 videos per day
- Create 1 channel, 1 group, and 3 showcases
- Publish videos natively to social and e-commerce accounts
How to Create a Vimeo Account?
Here are the steps for creating a Vimeo account:
- Go to www.vimeo.com.
- Click “Join”.
- Create a username and password and enter your email.
- Confirm your email by following the instructions sent to your inbox. Cool! You’ve got the skeletons of your account set up. Now it’s time to customize it so that it represents your brand and looks both professional and appealing.
- Upload a profile photo or your logo (recommended size is: 600 x 600 px).
- Include a silent loopable cover video that will automatically play at the top of your profile. (recommended size is: 1920 x 540 px and the aspect ratio for the video is: 1:3:33).
How to Upload a Video to Vimeo?
Here are the steps for uploading a video to Vimeo:
- Log into your Vimeo account.
- 02. Click the “Upload Video” button found on the homepage or through the link in the navigation bar labeled “Upload”.
- Select the “Choose File to Upload” button (You’ll also be presented with privacy setting options at this stage).
- Choose the file you want to upload and hit “Select”.
- While the file is uploading you can fill out information like the title and description.
- After you click the button, the uploading will start. The progress bar should estimate how long your little gem will take to be uploaded.
How to Download a Video from Vimeo?
- To download a video, click the “Download” button that appears below the video player (not all videos have this — more about that below).
- Once you’ve clicked it, a little menu will appear where you’ll see links for several different versions of the video.
- You’ll need to decide which version of the video you’d like to download.
How to Add Captions or Subtitles to Your Vimeo Video?
To manually add captions or subtitles to your Vimeo video, discover by following these steps:
- Navigate to your video manager and open the desired video.
- Select the [CC] button to the right of the player to open the transcript panel.
- Click Settings from within the closed caption menu (to the right of the Transcript
- Click the “+” button to the right of My uploads, then specify the language and file type.
- Click Choose File and upload the file from your computer.
- Once the file is uploaded, toggle it in order to activate it. To replace, delete, download, or edit your transcript, click the three dots next to the file name and choose the desired option.
How to Transcribe a Video on Vimeo Automatically
Since manual transcription is time-consuming, you can use transcription software programs/transcription tools, to convert video files (MOV, AVI, FLV…) or audio files to file format (txt, SRT, etc.)/ text transcription.
Transcription services have greatly improved manual transcription. To get automated transcription, follow the steps below:
- Upload your video file.
- Then click on ‘Choose File’ and select the file from your folder. You can import your file from anywhere, whether it’s on your laptop, online video, or Youtube video.
- Select the language that was spoken in your video content.
- Click ‘Auto Transcribe’
- Select “Machine generated” or “Human created” (which are available in some transcription services)
- Go to Elements from the left menu and click on ‘Auto Transcribe’ under Subtitles.
- Your automatic transcription will appear. Edit the transcription as needed with the help of a text editor.
- Click on Options without exiting the Subtitles page and select the file format that you want
- After choosing text formats, click on the Download button.
- That’s all is how to get a transcript of a video on Vimeo. So, you can make your workflow efficient and easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
The pricing depends on which program you choose to use. There are also free and open-source options.
Your video transcripts can be exported to a number of text and subtitle formats, including Plain Text (.txt), Microsoft Word (.docx), PDF (.pdf), SubRip (.srt), VTT, and others. Exporting timestamps, highlights, and speaker names is possible.
The accuracy of the video’s automatic and human transcription services is 85% and 99%, respectively. Automated transcription is much faster and works well when you need to convert audio into text documents quickly and don’t mind proofreading the final transcription.
Depending on the length of your file, automatic transcription software will convert your video file to audio transcription in real time or in a matter of minutes.