What is Evernote?
Evernote is a note-taking app for collecting and organizing text, images, videos, and audio recordings.
What is Evernote used for?
You can use it as a digital filing cabinet to organize all of your notes, whether they’re recipes, work strategies, or a daily diary. It’s a powerful organizational tool that can help you with a variety of work or personal projects.
How many people use Evernote?
Evernote has over 225 million users from all over the world. Evernote provides great note-taking, project planning, and simple ways to find what you need when you need it.
How to create an Evernote account
To join the millions of other Evernote users, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Evernote homepage
- Click the “Sign up for Free” button
- Choose one of the subscription plans: Free, Personal, or Professional
- Click the “Get Started” button
- Write your email address and create a password
- Click the “Continue” button
- If you want to sign up with your Google account, just click the “Continue with Google” button
- You will automatically be redirected to the dashboard
You can download the app to your desktop, or phone.
How to Create Notebooks in Evernote
Before you begin writing, it’s a good idea to make some notebooks to organize your notes. You can organize your notes however you like, and you can always add more notebooks, rename them, or move notes from one notebook to another later.
- Click on Notebooks in the left sidebar to view the notebook list.
- Then click the “New Notebook” button.
- Name your notebook. Click “Continue”.
How to Create and Organize Notes in Evernote
Here are the steps to how you can create and organize notes:
- To create your note, Click “New Note” in the left sidebar.
- Then select the notebook where you’d like that note to live and click “Create”.
- You can always move the note once you’re in it by clicking the three dots in the top right and selecting the “Move to…” button.
Alternatively, you can create a new note in a notebook by selecting it from the left sidebar and then clicking New Note. The note will be automatically saved in the notebook you’ve selected.
What is Speech to Text?
Speech-to-text, also known as speech recognition, enables the transcription of audio streams into text in real-time. This is referred to as computer speech recognition.
Is it Possible to Convert Audio to Text with Evernote?
You can record audio notes that are instantly converted to text as you speak using Evernotes speech-to-text feature, which is only available on the Android and Windows Phone versions.
You can use your device’s speech-to-text features to dictate text notes into Evernote. Most modern devices support speech-to-text and once enabled, you can begin dictating notes into Evernote using the instructions below.
How to use Speech to Text feature on Evernote
You can convert your voice to text by following 3 easy steps:
- Step 1: On your Windows Phone or Android device, open the Evernote app. Tap “+ New Note” to start a new note.
- Step 2: To use the feature, tap the “Speech to Text” icon, which looks like a quote bubble with a microphone inside on an Android device and a circle with a quote bubble and three horizontal lines on a Windows Phone.
- Step 3: Start dictating your note now. Evernote will automatically convert the speech to text and create a new note, while also saving and attaching your voice recording to the text input.
How to Configure Voice Dictation
How to Configure Voice Dictation on Mac
Dictation is compatible with OS X Mountain Lion and later.
How to enable or Disable Voice Dictation on Mac?
- Go to Apple > System Preferences.
- Select View > Dictation & Speech.
- Dictation can be enabled or disenabled by clicking ON or OFF.
How to use voice Dictation in Evernote?
- Select a text field
- Select “Edit” > “Start Dictation” or press the fn key twice.
- Speak the text you want to transcribe into the computer or device microphone clearly. Your words will be displayed in the text field.
- Pick “Done” or the fn key.
- Your Mac computer can only listen for 30 seconds at a time.
What are the Steps to Configure Voice Dictation on Windows?
- Click the “Windows Start” button.
- Select “All Programs”, then “Accessories”
- Click “Ease of Access” and then “Windows Speech Recognition”
- Say “Start Listening” or click the microphone button to start the listening mode.
- Open Evernote for Windows Desktop, select an existing note or create a new one, select the area in your note where you’d like to position your text.
- Speak the text you’d like to transcribe loudly and clearly into the computer or device microphone. This will appear in the text field.
How to enable dictation in all Windows programs?
- Click the “Windows Start” menu.
- Select “All Programs” , then “Accessibility” and lastly “Windows Speech Recognition.”
- Say “Show Speech Options,” then “Enable Dictation Across the Board.”
How to enable dictation on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch?
On iOS devices, to use voice dictation:
- Tap the microphone on the keyboard (near the space bar)
- Speak into the microphone
- Your iOS device converts your speech into text.
- When you’ve finished your dictation, tap the “Done” button that appears on the screen.
How to enable dictation on an Android?
- Open any Android app and bring up a keyboard to use voice dictation on your device.
- Tap the microphone at the very bottom of your keyboard.
- When you’re ready, begin speaking into the microphone.