Thanks to transcription services/ text converters and online converters, you can convert AIFF files to text into an audio file no matter the file size, format, or language used in the audio/video files. These services save a lot of time, and the accuracy is excellent for the price, which improves workflow.
How to Convert AIFF to Text
To convert video (wmv, mov, avi, flv…) or audio (ogg, flac, m4a, wav,…) files to text files, you can use transcription tools/ speech-to-text features, as well as text converter online sites. The software supports many video formats like WMA, M4A, MP3, MP4, AAC, and WAV as well as online video.
Manual transcription has vastly improved by transcription services. Follow the steps below to transcribe AIFF file to text file format:
1) Select your AIFF file
- Upload your AIFF file.
- Then click on ‘Choose AIFF File’ and select the file from your folder. You can import your file from anywhere, whether it’s on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox.
- Or drag and drop it into the box.
2) Select the language
- Select the language that was spoken in your AIFF file
- Also, select the language your audio transcripts into
3) Click ‘Auto Transcribe’
- Select “Machine generated” or “Human created” (which are available in some transcription services)
- You can remove background noise from your audio, and cut, split, and trim your audio file before transcribing it.
- Go to Elements from the left menu and click on ‘Auto Transcribe’ under Subtitles.
- Your automatic transcription will appear. Edit the transcription as needed with the help of a text editor.
4) Export the TXT file
- Click on Options without exiting the Subtitles page and select the file format that you want
- After choosing text formats, click on the Download button.
- That’s all, you have your text transcription of your AIFF file. Easily search, edit, and share your media files.
What is an AIFF File?
AIFF files are audio files that have been saved in the Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF). It includes high-quality audio that has been stored in an uncompressed lossless format. AIFF files can also be saved as.AIFC or AIIF files (if they are compressed).
How to Open an AIFF File
You can open AIFF files and play the audio they contain with various media players, including Microsoft Windows Media Player (Windows), Apple Music and Apple QuickTime Player (both bundled with macOS), and VideoLAN VLC media player (multiplatform).
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the software program you use, but you will be able to convert it into multiple languages. The majority of them support over 120 languages such as Spanish, French, etc., dialects, and accents.
AIFF audio automatic and human transcription services have an accuracy of 85% and 99%, respectively. Automated transcription is much faster and works perfectly when you need to convert audio into text documents as fast as possible and don’t mind having to proofread the final transcription.
Your AIFF transcripts can be exported to a variety of file extensions and subtitle formats, including Plain Text (.txt), Microsoft Word document(.docx), PDF (.pdf), SubRip (.srt), VTT… Timestamps, highlights, and speaker names can all be exported. Most of the tools also provide a free subtitle file converter and transcription editor.