What is Express Scribe?Express Scribe is a speech-to-text software and audio player developed by NCH. It is available for both PC and Mac. It can transcribe audio recordings with high accuracy and in the short turnaround time.
How to use Express Scribe?To create audio or video transcription with Express Scribe, follow these steps:
- Go to the website of Express Scribe
- Click the Download now button
- Wait until the software downloaded
- Open the desktop application
- Choose upload file image from the toolbar
- Upload your file
- Transcribe the file speech to text
- Download or share your file
How much does Express Scribe Cost?Express Scribe’s pricing plan has two main tiers but adding other features such as technical support has different prices.
- The Basic Plan: It costs $70 and does not include extra services.
- The Professional plan: It costs $80 and does not have additional benefits.
What are the features of Express Scribe?Here are some of the features of Express Scribe:
- Express Scribe is suitable for typists.
- Foot pedal integrated service.
- Media player with variable speed playback
- Supports numerous audio file formats such as MP3, VOX, WAV, and WMA.
- Supports different video file formats: DV, FLV, M4V, MOV, MP4, MPEG, and WMV
- Hotkeys for mouse-free playback when transcribing directly into Word or other software
- Type your transcriptions into a word processor, and Express Scribe will run in the background while you control it with hot keys or a foot pedal.
How to use Transkriptor?Here are the steps on how to use Transkriptor:
- Go to the website of Transkriptor or upload the mobile app of Transkriptor
- Login or register with your email
- Upload your file, and the transcription machine will convert your speech to text
- When transcription is completed, Transkriptor sends you a notification
- Go to the platform and edit your transcribed file
Use the editing tool to add speakers and timestamps, if needed
- You can also listen to your audio at variable speeds.
- Download the text file in the format that you choose.
How much does Transkriptor cost?There are different pricing plans:
- Free version: Try the free transcription service in more than 100 languages.
- The Lite plan: Only $9.99 per month and includes 5 hours of transcription.
- The Standard plan: $14.99 per month and consists of 20 hours of transcription.
- The Premium plan: $24.99 per month and consists of 40 hours of transcription.
- The Business plan: $30 per month/member and includes 50 hours of transcription.
- The Enterprise plan: Custom packages
What are the best features of Transkriptor?Transkriptor offers a variety of features and functions:
- Share and collaborate your transcriptions with team members and collaborate them easily
- Create audio transcription from pre-recorded sounds
- The advanced speaker identification feature
- Dictate and record to create a text transcription of voices
- Upload via link without effort
- Add subtitles to your contents
- Upload and transcribe different types of recordings such as podcasts, audio/video recordings, zoom meetings, and more
- İntegrated apps and chrome extensions for ios, windows devices
- Exports and shares files in multiple formats
- Advantageous text editor options are available
- Email Customer Service
Is Transkriptor Better than Express Scribe?Some considerations are required to evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of both services. Here is a comparison of the two services from different angles:
1. Accuracy:Express Scribe does not always provide accurate transcription with complex recordings about voice recognition, such as a person whispering or when there is much background noise. Transkriptor yields more accurate results than Express Scribe.
2. Language Options:These two transcription services are not only available in English but also in other languages. However, Transkriptor has much more language options than Express Scribe. Transkriptor offers real-time recording and transcription services in over 100 languages. This is an important feature for people who speak multiple languages and for businesses of all sizes that have workers or customers from around the world.
3. Integrated Services:Transkriptor provides a consolidated mobile app for iPhone and Android phones and web and chrome extension services for mac and Microsoft devices. Express Scribe only provides downloadable transcription software on the web.
4. Translation:Transkriptor provides translation services in more than 100 languages.
5. User Experience:Transkriptor is easier and faster to use than Express Scribe. Express Scribe requires customers to download and learn about the software. Transkriptor can be used online.
6. Pricing:Regular prices of Express Scribe are higher than Transkriptor
7. Guidelines:The training documents of Express Scribe are not straightforward to understand. Transkriptor has a user-friendly guideline with explanations.
8. Uploading a File:Transkriptor’s uploading options are more diverse. You can either upload your file from your device or use the links provided by YouTube or cloud-based tools such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive for automatic transcription. Express Scribe only accepts files from the device.
9. Transcription Method:Some transcription providers do not have automated systems. They have professional transcriptionists who make manual transcription. Express Scribe and Transkriptor offer automated transcription. Both of them have rewind and different playback speed functionalities.
Why is Transkriptor Better than Express Scribe?Finally, deciding which transcription tool is the best option based on your needs is not an easy question. However, it is possible to say that the Transkriptor is superior in user experience and price comparison. To learn the subscription models of Transkriptor and their prices, check this link: Pricing
Frequently Asked Questions about Transkriptor vs. Express Scribe?
Transkriptor has various substitutes that have different pros and cons, such as Happyscribe, Otter, Sonix, oTranscribe, InqScribe, Rev, Trint, Descript, and more. To learn more, check this link: 9 Transkriptor Alternatives in 2022