Descript vs. Transkriptor
What is Descript?
Descript is a transcription software and editing tool for content creators such as podcasters, advertisers, YouTubers, video editors, and other businesses. Descript works on mac and windows computers but doesn`t have a mobile application. Creative tools of Descript are powerful and valuable. You can edit any video content and also audio files.
How to use Descript?
To use the Descript system requires macOS High Sierra (10.13) or Windows 10 and newer. To create audio or video transcription with Descript, follow these steps:
- Go to the website of Descript
- Download the latest version of Descript
- Create a new account or log in to your account
- Start recording your voice or screen or camera
- Descript transcribe your content in minutes
Descript has tutorial videos and open source examples for users to understand the application easily. You can also format your content, but the range of editing tools changes based on the plan.
How much does Descript cost?
Descript’s pricing plan has three main tiers.
Price of monthly plans:
- Free version: 3 hours of transcription
- Creator version: 15 $ for 10 hours of transcription
- Pro version: 30$ for 10 hours of transcription
- Enterprise Custom: min 10+ user teams. Price change depends on your needs.
To learn more about the price policy and discounts of Descript check their website.
What are the features of Descript?
Descript has a variety of valuable features for content producers for transcription and video/audio editing Here is a list of some of them:
- Screen recorder
- Remote recording
- Video editing
- Podcast production suite
- Audio editing
- Automatic audio and video transcription
- Adding subtitles to the videos
- Sync audio and video files from your cloud storage account.
- Filler Word Removal
How to use Transkriptor?
Transkriptor is an AI powered speech converter with more than 100 languages available; Transkriptor is a leading provider of text-to-speech solutions. The company provides text-to-speech solutions for software, websites, mobile apps, and more.
- Go to the website of Transkriptor or download the app from your play store
- Create a new account or log in to your account
- Upload from your device or use transcribe from the link
- Transkriptor prepares your text in a few minutes.
How much does Transkriptor cost?
Transkriptor has developed various membership models based on the needs of its customers.
Here is a list of structured subscription versions. To create a customized plan, feel free to reach the sales team of Transkriptor.
- Lite: 9.99$ 5 hours/month
- Standard: 14.99$ 20 hours/month
- Premium: 24.99$ 40 hours/month
- Business: 50 hours/month/member
You can reach the sales team to learn more about custom models.
You can also use the free trial to try the high-quality transcription service of Transkriptor.
What are the best features of Transkriptor?
Transkriptor has several unique futures that are helpful for customers.
Here is a list of some notable ones:
- Transcribe zoom meetings, podcasts or youtube videos in a few minutes with high accuracy
- Use youtube, one drive, dropbox, or google drive links for transcription.
- Share and collaborate about transcripts with your teammates via the link
- Export transcription with various options such as txt, word, etc.
- Translation in more than 100 languages
Which Features do Descript and Transkriptor both Have?
There are some standard features of Transkriptor and Descript. Here is a list of them:
1. Automated transcription:
Both provide automatic transcription. You do not have to use human transcription for manual transcription. Having the ability to automate various aspects of your life and workflow significantly increases your ability to spend your time on more productive activities.
Both provide a dictation option, which means you can make real-time transcription easily without a third-party recording service.
3. Text Editor:
With a single click, you can remove filler words (like, uh, um, etc.) and silence gaps or add timestamps.
4. Removing background noise:
Both transcription software works to prepare exact transcription. Removing background noises is a part of accurate transcription.
5. Playback option:
You can play your audio or video at different speeds.
6. Speech Recognition:
Speech recognition is an essential function of text-to-speech services. It is crucial to use voice recognition technology to create accurate transcriptions.
7. Customer Services:
Both of them provides online help to customers with technical and non-technical requests such as custom subscription model for businesses.
8. Simple to use interface:
Both of them have a well-designed and easy-to-use user interface.
A timestamp is an essential tool that makes it easy to use when checking transcription or reading
What are the Differences Between Descript and Transkriptor
There are also differences between the two services. Here is a list of the differences:
1. Mobile app:
Transkriptor provides mobile apps that have ios and android compatibility. Iphone and android apps work in an integrated way with the chrome extension and web page of Transkriptor.
2. Video editing:
Descript provides a wide range of video and audio editing tools. These are suitable for social media content creators.
3. Screen recorder:
Descript provides a screen recording tool that is useful to convert meetings to text.
4. Language Options:
Descript support only 23 languages; however, Transkriptor provides text-to-speech solutions in more than 100 languages.
Which is Better? Descript or Transkriptor?
Overall, Descript is primarily helpful for content creators and social media professionals. Transkriptor mainly focuses on speech processing, which allows it to be easier to use and at a lower cost. Another advantage of Transkriptor is that it can be used on any device thanks to its mobile applications. You can try the free version of them to find the best-fitted transcription service for you. Therefore, Transkriptor is the better tool for the majority of the public.
Frequently Asked Questions about Transkriptor vs. Descript?
What are the other Transkriptor and Descript alternatives?
Otter.ai, Rev, Sonix, Trint, and Happy Scribe are some alternatives to Transkriptor and Descript.