The voice to text feature of Telstra converts what you say into text via voice control. It is also possible to include punctuation marks and emojis.
What is Telstra?
Telstra is a leading telecommunications and technology company based in Australia. It is the largest telecommunications provider in Australia and operates in various segments of the telecommunications industry, including fixed-line, mobile, internet, and data service provider.
What are the Services of Telstra?
Telstra offers a wide range of products and services to consumers, businesses, and government organizations. Some of the key services provided by Telstra include:
- Mobile Services: Telstra offers mobile phone plans and services, including voice calls, text messaging service, mobile data, and mobile broadband. Messaging Is An All-In-One App For SMS, MMS And Voicemail.
- Telstra Wi-Fi Calling: Make high definition voice calls on your mobile using your Telstra Fixed Broadband Wi-Fi connection.
- Voice2Text: Be more efficient with our Voice2Text service, which automatically converts compatible voice messages to text and sends them to your mobile as an SMS messages. * Telstra customers who take up the Voice2Text service for the first time will get the service free for the first month.
- MessageBank: MessageBank allows your callers to leave messages when your phone is unattended, busy, out of range or has a flat battery. Voicemail messages on the MessageBank platform are treated as read messages and will be deleted after seven days.
- MessageBank Plus: MessageBank Plus enables Visual Voicemail on the iPhone (apple 4.3 or greater) to provide you with a new user-friendly, visual interface that simplifies the management of your voice messages. There are no additional charges to receive the MMS.
- Message2Txt: With Message2txt, callers who can’t get through to you can leave a 10-second message that is converted to text and sent to you as an SMS.
For the services customers can choose from a number of monthly pricing options.
How to convert Voice to text on Telstra
Here is step by step guide to covert voice to text on Telstra for customers:
Sign up for Telstra Services
- Ensure that you have a Telstra account and access to Telstra services that support voice-to-text conversion.
- Telstra offers various communication services such as mobile plans, landline services, and unified communications solutions.
Choose Voice-to-Text Service
- Identify the specific Telstra service or feature that provides voice-to-text conversion.
- Telstra offers several services that can assist with voice transcription, such as voicemail-to-text services or unified communication platforms with transcription capabilities.
Set up the Service
- If you haven’t already, set up the Telstra service that includes voice-to-text conversion.
- This may involve activating features or subscribing to the appropriate service plan.
- Refer to Telstra’s documentation or contact their customer support for guidance on service activation.
Configure Voice Messaging or Recording
- To utilize voice-to-text, ensure that voice messages or recordings are captured.
- This can be done while enabling voicemail services, call recording features, or utilizing Telstra’s unified communication platform that supports voice capture.
- Depending on the Telstra service while you’re using, voice-to-text transcription may be automated or require additional configuration.
- Some Telstra services have built-in transcription capabilities, while others may require integration with third-party speech-to-text services.
- Once voice messages or recordings have been transcribed, you need to access the transcriptions.
- Telstra services typically provide options to retrieve transcriptions through various means such as email, SMS, online portal, or dedicated applications.
- Determine the method of accessing transcriptions associated with your Telstra service.
Review and Edit Transcriptions
- It’s essential to review and edit the transcriptions to ensure accuracy.
- Automated voice-to-text conversions may have occasional errors, especially with background noise, accents, or complex language.
- Make necessary edits to the transcriptions for improved accuracy and clarity.
Integration with Workflows or Applications
- If you intend to use the transcriptions within specific workflows or applications, while integrating Telstra’s voice-to-text service with those systems.
- This may involve utilizing Telstra’s APIs or integration options to pass transcriptions to other applications or platforms.
Customize Settings (if available)
- Explore customization options within your Telstra service, if available.
- Depending on the service, you may be able to configure language settings, transcription format, or other preferences to align with your specific requirements.
Test and Fine-Tune
- Perform thorough testing to ensure the voice-to-text conversion is functioning as desired. –
- Evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, and usability of the transcriptions.
- Make any necessary adjustments or fine-tuning based on the results of the testing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can find the FQAs in below:
What is Voice to Text?
Voice-to-text, also known as speech recognition or speech-to-text, is a technology that converts spoken words and phrases into written text. It allows users to dictate or speak naturally, while the system transcribes their speech into written form.
How do I manage Caller ID on my mobile service?
Your caller ID preference determines whether your phone number is visible to people you call.
How do I activate or cancel hang-up messages?
Hang-up messages are SMS notifications that tell you when a caller has hung up while your greeting and didn’t leave a message.
To activate or cancel hang-up messages:
- Call 101 on your Telstra mobile.
- You’ll hear any new voice messages first, press ** to go to the MessageBank® main menu
- Press 3 for Mailbox Setup
- Press 6 for Hang-up Message service
- Follow the prompts to turn it on or off.
How do I set up call forwarding on my mobile?
Use call forwarding to send your incoming calls to your mobile to ensure you never miss a call.