How to Add Subtitles and Closed Captions to LinkedIn Videos?
Adding subtitles to your LinkedIn videos makes your video content be consumed on sound-off. So, your sharings reach more people.
The only added advantage is that with a desktop, it is possible to add a custom thumbnail for your videos while uploading them, which is something not available on mobile.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to post a video to LinkedIn from your desktop:
- From the share box at the top of your LinkedIn homepage (desktop experience), click the Video icon.
- In the pop-up that appears, click “Select video” to upload a native video file to LinkedIn.
- Select the new video you want to share from your desktop.
- From the video editor preview that appears, click “Edit” in the top right corner to view your video’s settings.
- Click “Select Caption” to attach an SRT file and confirm your selection.
- Add any additional text or hashtags and click “Post”.
- After the video has been rendered, download it and share it across social media channels.
What are the Benefits of LinkedIn?
- Networking: LinkedIn is a powerful tool for building and expanding your professional and social network.
- Job opportunities: LinkedIn’s job search feature allows you to search for job postings that match your skills and interests.
- Professional development: LinkedIn offers a range of resources for professional development, including online courses, webinars, and articles on various topics related to business and career development.
- Personal branding: LinkedIn allows you to showcase your professional accomplishments, skills, and expertise to build your personal brand and establish yourself as a thought leader in your field.
- Business development: LinkedIn is a powerful tool for businesses to build their brand, generate leads, and connect with potential customers. Businesses create a company page, post job openings, and showcase their products and services to reach a wider audience.
- Industry insights: LinkedIn allows you to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news, trends, and insights through its news feed, industry groups, and thought leaders.
How to Use LinkedIn?
Here is how to use LinkedIn for beginners:
- Create a LinkedIn profile: Sign up for a LinkedIn account and create a professional profile that showcases your education, work experience, skills, and professional accomplishments.
- Build your network: Connect with other professionals, colleagues, and people in your industry.
- Engage with your network: Share LinkedIn posts as articles, photos, and videos related to your industry or interests on your homepage to engage with your network.
- Explore job opportunities: Use LinkedIn’s job search algorithm to search for job postings that match your skills and interests.
- Build your personal brand: Use your LinkedIn profile and activity to increase brand awareness.
- Use LinkedIn for business: If you own a business or work for a company, create a LinkedIn company page to showcase your products and services, post job openings, and connect with potential customers.
What are the Requirements to Upload Videos to LinkedIn?
- LinkedIn video length limit is 3 seconds (minimum) to 10 minutes (maximum) long.
- The best video size for LinkedIn is 75 KB to 5GB in file size. Video format for LinkedIn is ASF, AVI, FLV, MPEG-1, MPEG-4, MKV, QuickTime, WebM, H264/AVC, MP4, VP8, VP9, WMV2, and WMV3.
- Aspect Ratios are 9:16 (vertical), 1:1 (portrait), and 16:9 (landscape). From these, 1:1 is and 16:9 are considered to be the best aspect ratios.
- The frame rate is between 10 to 60 rates per second.
- Bit rates are between 192kps to 30MBps.
- Resolutions are a minimum of 256 × 144 and a maximum of 4096 x 2304.
How to share a video to LinkedIn from YouTube?
Here are the steps to sharing a video to LinkedIn from YouTube:
- Click the “Start a post” option and write the description of your video post here.
- Right after that, add the link to the YouTube video you want to share to your LinkedIn profile. Don’t forget to add relevant hashtags right after.
- Click “Post” to share it on your LinkedIn feed.
How to Post a LinkedIn Video Ad?
Here are the steps to posting a LinkedIn video ad:
- Open your Campaign Group and click the Create button. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select the “Campaign” option
- Now, choose your objective. This is where you select what you want to achieve through your video ads. For example, Brand Awareness. This will help the LinkedIn Ads algorithm target your ads better.
- Next, choose your target audience.
- Choose Video Ad as the ad format.
- Add your company name or URL in the space provided.
- Set your daily budget. This is how much it will cost per day to run your ad.
- Now set up your bidding and conversion tracking options.
- You will now have the option to upload a new video for your ad or select one of your existing LinkedIn video posts to promote.
- On the final page, you will get to review and launch where you select your daily budget and set a start date for the campaign. Once you are done, click Launch Campaign.
Frequently Asked Questions
LinkedIn is a social networking platform that is designed for professionals and businesses. It is primarily used for job searching, networking, and professional development. LinkedIn allows users to create a profile that showcases their education, work experience, skills, and professional accomplishments.
Its mobile app is available on both iOS and Android. LinkedIn offers the ability to upload videos to LinkedIn from the web interface, making it even easier to get video marketing content on LinkedIn.