You can convert your voice to text on Yahoo Mail by using several ways.
What is Yahoo Mail?
Yahoo Mail is a popular web-based email service provided by Yahoo, a multinational technology company. It allows users to create and manage email accounts for personal or professional use. Lots of people are familiar with Yahoo.com as a popular search engine, but the Yahoo mail app is also a popular feature that people use regularly.
How to Convert Voice to Text on Yahoo Mail
Here is the step by step guide on how to convert voice to text on Yahoo Mail:
Record the Voice Message
- Use a voice recording app or any other tool to record the voice message you want to convert to text.
- You can do this on your mobile device such as iPhone or android devices, computer, or any device that allows new message or sms.
Convert Voice to Text
There are several options to convert voice to text:
- Manual Transcription: Listen to the recorded voice message and manually transcribe it into text. Type the message in a text editor or word processor, converting the spoken words into written text.
- Online Speech-to-Text Tools: Use online speech-to-text conversion tools or services. These tools typically allow you to upload or directly input the audio file and convert it into text. Most of them are available to use on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Mobile Apps: Install voice-to-text apps on your mobile device (apple or android). There are various voice recognition apps available on app stores that can convert spoken words into text.
Copy the Converted Text
- Once you have the text version of the voice message, select and copy the converted text to your device’s clipboard.
Compose an Email in Yahoo Mail
- Open Yahoo Mail and create a new email message or reply to an existing thread.
Paste the Converted Text
- In the email message body, place the cursor where you want to insert the converted text, then paste the copied text from the voice-to-text conversion process.
- Use the standard paste command (Ctrl+V on Windows, Command+V on Mac and iPad) or right-click and select “Paste” to insert the text.
Review and Edit
- Review the pasted text in the Yahoo Mail message and make any necessary edits or adjustments to ensure accuracy and clarity.
Send the Email
- Once you are satisfied with the converted text in the email, add any additional content or recipients, and then send the email from your Yahoo Mail account.
How to Enable Dictation?
Enabling dictation on a mobile phone varies depending on the operating system (OS) of the device. Here are instructions for enabling dictation on both iOS (iPhone) and Android devices:
Enabling Dictation on iOS (iPhone):
- Open Settings: Locate the Settings app on your iPhone’s home screen and tap on it to open.
- Navigate to Keyboard Settings: In the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on “General” and then select “Keyboard.”
- Enable Dictation: On the Keyboard settings screen, toggle the “Enable Dictation” switch to the ON position. It should turn green to indicate that dictation is enabled.
- Confirm Permission: A pop-up message may appear, requesting permission to enable dictation. Tap on “Enable Dictation” to confirm your selection.
- Start Using Dictation: To use dictation, open any app or text field where you can enter text (e.g., messaging app, email, browser). When the keyboard appears, you will see a small microphone icon on the keyboard. Tap on the microphone icon to activate dictation and start speaking. Your spoken words will be converted to text.
- Enabling Dictation on Android Devices:
- Open Settings: Locate the Settings app on your Android device’s home screen or app drawer and tap on it to open.
- Access Language & Input Settings: In the Settings menu, look for an option called “System” or “System & Updates” (or a similar name) and tap on it. Then, select “Language & input” or “Languages & input.”
- Enable Voice Typing: In the Language & input settings, find the “Virtual keyboard” section and tap on it. Depending on your device, it may be called “On-screen keyboard” or similar. From the list of virtual keyboards, select your preferred keyboard app (e.g., Gmail, Samsung Keyboard, SwiftKey).
- Enable Voice Typing within Keyboard Settings: Inside the keyboard settings, look for an option related to voice typing or speech-to-text. The exact wording may vary depending on the keyboard app you selected. Toggle the switch to enable voice typing.
- Start Using Voice Typing: To use voice typing, open any app or text field where you can enter text. When the keyboard appears, you may need to tap on the microphone icon or the microphone key on the keyboard to activate voice typing.
How to Choose Speech-to-Text Tools?
While choosing the speech-to-text tool, consider below:
- Accuracy: The accuracy of the speech-to-text or text-to-speech conversion is crucial. Look for tools that provide high accuracy in converting spoken words into written text.
- Language Support: Consider the languages supported by the speech-to-text tool. Some tools may have limited language options, so ensure that the tool supports the language(s) you intend to use for transcription.
- Security and Privacy: Assess the security and privacy measures implemented by the tool provider. Understand how they handle your audio data and ensure they have appropriate data protection practices in place.
- Cost and Pricing Model: Consider the pricing structure of the speech-to-text tool. Some tools may have a subscription-based model, subscribing a monthly or annual fee, while others may offer pay-as-you-go or per-minute pricing.
- Customer Support and Documentation: Check the availability and quality of customer support provided by the tool provider. Additionally, review the availability of documentation, tutorials, and resources to help you maximize the tool’s potential.