To convert a WMA audio file or any video files to text, you can use a speech-to-text service or speech recognition software that is capable of transcribing audio files with artificial intelligence technology.
How to Convert WMA File to Text
To convert audio (aac, aiff, ogg, wav,…) or video (wma, mov, avi,…) files to text files, you can use user-friendly transcription software programs/speech-to-text features, as well as text converter online sites. Hence, manual transcription has been vastly improved by transcription services.
To convert an audio WMA file to text file format, follow the steps below:
1. Upload your WMA file
- You can upload files from anywhere, including your laptop, Google Drive, YouTube, or Dropbox, with a single click.
2. Select the language of the Audio
- You can choose between the original language and a different language. Choose the language for your audio transcripts as well.
3. Click ‘Auto Transcribe’
- Select “Machine generated” or “Human created” (which are available in some transcription services)
- You can remove background noise, and cut, split, and trim your audio before transcribing it.
- Then, select Elements from the left menu, followed by ‘Auto Transcribe’ under Subtitles.
- Your automated transcription is now visible. Using a text editor, make any necessary changes to the transcription.
4. Get your transcript
- In just a few minutes, automatic transcription software will convert your WMA file to text transcription (depending on the length of your file).
5. Click on “Export” and choose your preferred file format.
- Click on Options without exiting the Subtitles page and select the file format that you want
- You can export your WMA transcripts to a variety of text and subtitle formats, including Plain Text (.txt), Microsoft Word document (.docx), PDF (.pdf), SubRip (.srt), VTT…)
- It is possible to export timestamps, highlights, and speaker names. The vast majority of them also include a free subtitle file converter and transcription editor.
- After choosing text formats, click on the Download button.
- That’s all there is to it; you now have your text transcription.
Frequently Asked Questions
A WMA file is an audio file in Microsoft’s Advanced Systems Format (ASF) container format. It saves audio data that has been encoded with the Windows Media Audio (WMA), WMA Pro, WMA Lossless, or WMA Voice codecs. Metadata objects such as the title, artist, album, and track genre are also in WMA files.
You can open WMA files with various audio players, including Microsoft Groove Music and Microsoft Windows Media Player (both are bundled with Windows), VideoLAN VLC media player (multiplatform), Audacious (Linux), and Nullsoft Winamp (Windows).
Most of the audio converters’ automatic and human transcription services have accuracy rates of 85% and 99%, respectively. When you need to convert audio into text documents quickly and don’t mind proofreading the final transcription, automated transcription is much faster and works well.