What is an AVI File Format?
An AVI (Audio Video Interleave) file is a video file format that was developed by Microsoft in 1992. It is a common format for storing video on a computer. Many media players and video editing software support the AVI format.
An AVI video file contains both audio and video data, and stores a variety of video formats.
Where do People Use AVI Files?
AVI files store and play videos on the internet, as a variety of devices support AVI files.
However, AVI files are not as efficient for high-quality video editing or playback as some other video file formats.
How to Open an AVI File?
You can open an AVI file using a media player or video editing software that supports the AVI file format. Some examples of software that can open AVI files include:
- VLC Media Player: This is a free, open-source media player that is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Windows Media Player: This is a built-in media player for Windows that can play AVI files.
- QuickTime Player: This media player is included with macOS and can play AVI files.
- Adobe Premiere Pro: This is a professional video editing software that can open and edit AVI files.
- AVS Video Editor: This is a video editing software that can open and edit AVI files.
To open an AVI file, simply double-click on the file or select it from within the software.
If you are not able to open the AVI file, you need to install a codec or update your software.
What Benefits Does AVI Provide?
There are several benefits to using the AVI file format:
- AVI is Widely supported: A wide range of software such as media players in Windows, Mac, and Linux support AVI.
- AVI files are high quality: AVI files store high-quality video, and they can be compressed using various codecs, such as DivX or XviD, to maintain good video quality.
- Flexibility: AVI files store a variety of video formats, including standard definition and high definition.
- Compatibility: AVI files are compatible with many web browsers and streaming services. Therefore it’s easier to share AVI files on the internet compared to other file formats.
How to Convert AVI File to Text Format?
It is not possible to directly convert an AVI file to text because AVI is a video file format. After extracting the audio from the AVI file, it’s possible to use transcription services.
Here is a general outline of the steps you can follow to convert an AVI file to a text file:
- Download and install video editing software that can extract audio from AVI files, such as Adobe Premiere Pro or AVS Video Editor.
- Open the AVI file in the video editing software and select the audio track.
- Export the audio track as a separate audio file, such as an MP3 or WAV file.
- Download and install speech-to-text software, such as Dragon NaturallySpeaking or IBM Watson Speech to Text.
- Open the speech-to-text software and follow the instructions to transcribe the audio file into text.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many video converter software programs available that can convert AVI files into other formats, such as MP4, MOV, MPEG, OGG, WMA, WEBM, AAC, GIF, FLV, and WMV.
It’s possible to convert AVI files to subtitle formats including Plain Text (.txt), Microsoft Word (.docx), PDF (.pdf), SubRip (.srt), and VTT.
You can easily import your AVI files from Dropbox, Google Drive, Youtube link, Instagram or browse locally from your computer.
The pricing of converting an AVI file to text will depend on the speech-to-text software that you use to transcribe the audio.